We collect personal information from our customers in the regular course of doing business. This document answers some of your most frequently asked questions, and lets you know exactly how we’re protecting the information you entrust to us.
What personal information do you collect about me?
We collect the following information about you:
• name, address, contact phone numbers and email addresses
When you visit our web site, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) routinely and passively collects and makes available to Charge-Tek Inc. the following log file information:
• information about your computer including your IP address, the type of operating system and browser you use, and your computer’s country location (where that information can be derived from the IP address)
• what pages you visit on our site and what links you click on
• what files you download
• what site you’ve visited immediately before coming to our web site if you arrived at our web site by clicking on a link on that previous web site
How do you use this information?
The main reasons we collect personal information from you are:
• customer service
• as part of a warranty program
We do not sell, trade or otherwise distribute your personal information to any third party under any circumstances without your permission.
We will also disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information in correspondence, we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask you for personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no. Saying no is called “opting out.” By opting out, you can tell us not to collect the information and/or not to share it with other companies.
How do I opt out?
To opt out of any secondary communication from Charge-Tek, you can:
(1) if opting out from any secondary email list, click on “Remove” link that is a part of the secondary email received
(2) if opting out from any secondary fax or telephone list, contact Charge-Tek at 512-614-7792 or send an email to email@example.com and request removal.
How do I get more information?
Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your personal information. If you would like more information about our policies, or you would like to see exactly what personal information we have about you in our records, or you wish to register a complaint, please contact:
48 Guided Court
Etobicoke, ON M9V 5G2
You can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for assistance between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, at:
Phone: (613) 995-8210
Fax: (613) 947-6850
TTY: (613) 992-9190
or by mail at:
112 Kent Street
Place de Ville
Tower B, 3rd Floor
or on the Web at: